I’ve talked about how much I love the New Year on this blog before, but this year I love it times ten. I’m so hopeful and so energized and ready to take on whatever comes my way.
Like so excited.
I think I’m ready to not feel like I’m in a “funk” this year. I’ll be honest, after returning home from my college program in August of 2016, I felt lost and out-of-sorts, unsure and hesitant. Kind of…blah. I think the transition from college to Disney World to the real world to graduate school has been daunting and rough at times. But now I’m feeling good. More balanced. Ready. Excited. Hopeful.
Some quick little goals/resolutions:
- Enjoy my first year of teaching–I’ll be teaching composition one as part of my graduate teaching assistantship this coming semester, and I am so excited to give it a whirl.
- Make my health a priority this year. Work out! Feel like an athlete again! Eat well! Be mindful! Feel great!
- Write and write and write and write and write and revise and revise and revise and revise and submit and submit and submit and submit to magazines and whatnot.
- Be happy. Stress less. Enjoy the little things.
- Find a hobby–maybe cooking? Something?
I hope everyone has a happy, productive, and magical 2018.