Every new year brings a chance for a fresh start, but 2016 certainly feels like the freshest fresh start I’ll ever receive.
First of all, I’m participating in the Disney College Program. New state, new town, new state-of-being. I’m not a student anymore, I’m a…somebody. Not quite adult, not quite a kid.
I’m a twenty-something. A person who has no idea what her life will look like in six months. A young woman who doesn’t quite know what her next five years will look like.
2016 will be my first year in a long time where I won’t be participating in an organized sport. I’m not thinking about a conference championship anymore (we won one of those, by the way). I’m thinking about salaries and jobs and opportunities and my future and what not.
2016 is chock-full of new beginnings. Here are some of my resolutions for the new year, in order to fully take advantage of all my sweet fresh starts.
- Write a blog post at least once a week. Hopefully I can do that for myself and for my readers (thank you all!) in the blogosphere.
- Keep up with my physical fitness. Do something–something–everyday that benefits my health. Even if it just means meeting my 10,000 steps goal walking around the Disney parks.
- RELAX AND ENJOY EVERY MOMENT. I’m moving to Disney for six months, maybe for even longer (and maybe not). I want to take in as many sights, smells, attractions, characters, and magical moments that I can.
- Explore and take in new experiences. I want to visit St. Augustine, Cape Canaveral, GatorLand, Harry Potter World, and so much more during my time in Orlando.
- Document my journey in my journal my mom gave me. I want to remember this exciting time of my life.
Here’s to a new year, my friends. Let’s take in every moment of every second and try to savor the way we feel at this point in our lives. I’m young, I’m moving to Disney, and I have the whole world at my feet. 2016 will be a year to remember and cherish; I can just feel it.