These past few weeks have been an odd mix of emotions; mostly wonderful, some a little… bitter sweet. Yes. Bitter sweet is the right sentiment.
Let’s see. First off, I’m done with my college volleyball career. My last season ended a little over a week ago, and it still doesn’t feel real. I’ll write a separate post on the subject sometime soon, but I want to let whoever is reading this know that I have loved every minute of my college volleyball dream and this last year was just so gratifying. We won our conference, had the first winning season in program history, and got to play in the NCAA tournament. It was so exciting, and when I walked off the court for the very last time (holy moly), I knew that I could say that I put everything into my first dream.
That is where the “bitter sweet” component of my complex emotions factor in.
Now. Here are the exciting components:
- I’m done with college in 5 days. Wow. This is also a little bitter sweet, but I just can’t wait to be at home for a while.
- I start the Disney College Program in 52 days! I have to keep pinching myself. I can’t believe I get to be a cast member! Now that volleyball is over, I can shift my attention to preparing for my arrival date. I’m having the best time organizing my thoughts and planning and what not.
- I’ll be living in DISNEY WORLD in only 52 days. Again, it’s just now sinking in now that I have a bit of free time on my hands.
- I’ll get to see so many dreams coming true on a day-to-day basis.
- It makes my heart so happy knowing I’ll be seeing Mickey and Donald and friends oh so soon.
- Christmas is coming. Who doesn’t love Christmas?
- I get to see my dogs in 5 days!
- Can you see why my heart is bursting with happiness?!
Once finals are over, I’m going to try to post at least once a week. I won’t be an English student any longer, so I have to keep my writing skills sharp. Also, blogging is so darn fun. And once I’m at Disney, I’ll be posting a lot more about the most magical place on Earth–tips, tricks, my amateur photography of the castle and other pretty things around the parks, life while in the college program, food, reviews of all the amazing new attractions set to open in 2016, you name it. I’m so excited to breath a little fresh air into this blog.
For now, I’ll just continue to let my heart pitter-patter as I start making packing lists and shopping trips.
Have a magical day, my friends.