Summer is oh so close, my friends.
I am so looking forward to strolls in the steamy weather, a few Sno Cone runs, reading by the pool, and other leisurely seasonal activities. I’m also ready to “get my life together”: working out, resume constructing, portfolio pumping, and organizing my plethora of stuff. While I plan to get down to business (to defeat the Huns?), I also plan to have a little bit of nonsensical fun. Here are some of the things I might attempt to do this summer:
- Read as many cute children’s picture books as I can. Why not?
- Eat some waffles. I’ve been craving waffles for about a month now, and I still haven’t gotten any.
- Craft useless things.
- Establish pointless holidays and celebrate accordingly. For example: National Hop on One Leg Day, National Sing Idina Menzel Tunes at the Top of you Lungs Day, or National This Was the First Day We Ever Tried This Restaurant And Liked It, Let’s Go Eat There Again Day. These are just prototypes, of course.
- Go hard-core thrift shopping.
- Have a Disney movie marathon (who am I kidding…I always do this).
- Convince my family to go to the grocery store and talk with a British accent so that people think we are fancy.
- Do a crossword puzzle.
- Do an actual puzzle.
- Make up a scavenger hunt to complete.
- Dress up extremely cute (far above normal standards) and go out to eat–just for fun.
- Finger paint.
There you have it! Summer is the time to have some good old-fashioned fun. Feel free to use my list above (which I just totally made up on the spot) or come up with some of your own fun-seeking ideas.
Have a sunshiny day, my friends!